Saturday, January 28, 2012

What's up?

Here's a quick update...

Jay is great!   Has worked a couple late nights this week.  Ran 8 miles with me this morning!  We're preparing for a 1/2 marathon on March 3!  He's playing church ball!  HE TURNED 50!

Taralynn and Kory are ready or not!  Baby is due in 1 1/2 weeks!  Crazy!  They are preparing mentally and physically!  They will be terrifc parents and we can't wait to meet him!

Amy is working.  She works with Taralynn on the other side of the computer!  It's fun having them talk to each other during the day through skype.  My days don't seem nearly as lonely!  She starts another new job this next week.  More on that soon!  Applications in for EFY counselor/Time to Blossom counselor AND grad school!

Scott is in school--and snowboarding!  He only has classes on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.  He is enjoying the slopes occasionally too.  His best friend, Hunter, comes home from his mission next week!  Scott will visit Mesa for a weekend in February to see him!  He had four friends receive mission calls this week (two were roommates) - to Texas, Mexico, Africa and Russia!  More waiting!

Jason had knee surgery yesterday.  The only way you'd know is that there is a brace on his leg.  He looks great and feels great.  Surgery went as predicted.  His recovery time is 3-6 weeks.  Basketball season ends this week and then on to track.  We've loved the basketball season.  He is anxious to get the okay from the doctor to snowboard! 

Young Women is my part-time job and I love serving them and spending time with them!  We recently had a sunrise program where we challenged them to SHINE (S-scriptures, H-Honor Bee and Personal Progress, I-Improve Yourself, N-New Era, E-Experience Prayer).  These are all things that help me in my life.  They make a difference!  Try taking part!

My full-time job is my favorite!  I'm a Mom--soon to be grandma!  I spend my time with my kids when I can, helping them as I can, and imagining what it will feel like to hold my very own grandson! 

Thinking of all of you ,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment