Monday, May 9, 2011

FLOWERS

I am not one who needs flowers often...but there are some flowers that mean everything to me!

The Easter Lily...
When Phyllis passed away, Mel was given an Easter Lily plant from one of her dear friends.  He, of course, planted it in his yard.  Every year since then (five, if you can believe it), they bloom and give us a true "hello, with love" from Phyllis!  They smell so good and are remind us of all the good she brought to our lives.  They also remind me of how much I miss her!  Jay and Mel gave me one of these precious flowers for Mother's Day! 
I LOVE JAY AND MEL!  Thanks!

Dad's Mother's Day flower...
For the past several years my Dad has brought a single flower to me on Mother's Day with a personal note that only he can write.  I treasure these!  They are scripture based and always thoughtful as to specific gifts I have that make me a good mom to my kids.  This year, his personal note was written backwards! His notes are also good motivators in Christlike qualities I can work on to become a better mother.  I look forward to the flower...but mostly, the note...every year!
 I LOVE MY DAD!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment